Last weekend, my husband and I were invited to pick raspberries at a friend’s house – the berries were plump, sweet and a little tart, and the perfect stars for this raspberry crumble pie.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh red raspberries
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- splash of vinagre de jerez (sherry vinegar)
- 1/2 package pre-made pie crust
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch fine sea salt
- ½ cup cashews (halves or pieces), finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F.
- Combine the berries, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and the vinegar. Stir it together gently and set it aside.
- Par-bake the pie crust (8-10 mins)
- While the crust is cooling, make the crumble. Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl – I used my hands to make sure the butter was evenly distributed
- Top the crust with the macerated berries.
- Top the berries with the crumble
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crumble is browned and crispy (Watch the edges!)
- Let it cool completely before serving.
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)