Have you ever had a craving for sweet dinner rolls, but don’t have hours to work with a labor-intensive dough? I found a recipe for Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls, and they’ve become a favorite among my roommates. I’ve made a few changes to the recipe, so here it is!
No-Knead Sweet Rolls
2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast (or one packet)
1 cup warm whole milk
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix together yeast, warm milk and sugars. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add eggs, melted butter, and salt.
- Mix in the flour, one cup at a time, until dough is well combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a damp towel for at least 3 hours. (You can even let it stand overnight.)
- Divide the dough into 16-24 even pieces. (You can either divide the dough in half and follow the steps illustrated below, or divide the dough into 16-24 pieces and roll each into a ball.)
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.